JOIN US FOR THE TREE FROG COLLECTION!
The Tree Frog Collection contains energetic triple-meter rhythms inspired by Japanese Taiko drumming. We’ll explore these patterns in “Suzume Odori” (Sparrow Dance), as we adapt the intricate steps danced in festivals throughout Japan. “Canta Coqui” (Singing Frog) has two distinct song phrases that evoke the abundant Puerto Rican tree frogs singing and hopping everywhere! We’ll celebrate the beautiful rivers and mountains of Japan in “Tree Frog Song,” while learning a delightful Japanese hand-clapping game. And “Tree Frog Night” will give us a chance to experience a night in the life of a tree frog! All 18 song selections have been chosen and arranged specifically to support your child’s music development.
Rhythm Kids is geared for preschoolers, ages 4-5, who are ready to take their next musical step. Utilizing the Music Together® curriculum each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. PreRhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· make up their own drumming patterns
· invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
· create movement ideas for songs
· and even take a drum solo!
Utilizing the Music Together curriculum, preRhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
· 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
· Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week. Just add hands!
A drum for home use and practice is HIGHLY recommended. Please talk to us about what size and brand would work well for home use. We also have drums for sale.